This course is a skill set combination course designed for child care workers
This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualties, the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance and provide advance training in the use of auto injectors for the treatment of anaphylaxis and the advance treatments associated with Asthma. We deliver this training under the auspices and in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Course Outline Asthma
- Risk Management
- What is Asthma, Breathing, Asthma & Statistics?
- Why do people get Asthma & exercise induced Asthma?
- How is Asthma diagnosed, triggers, signs & symptoms.
- Medications, devices & spaces.
- Management & Treatment.
Course Outline Anaphylaxis
- What is Anaphylaxis & triggers?
- First Aid treatment, medication (Epipen & Anapen)
- After administration of adrenaline
- Strategies & Prevention & Reporting
- Student Written exam
The Combined Asthma & Anaphylaxis training is delivered in two parts. The student receives either a workbook or an on-line workbook on enrolment with pre-course activities to be completed prior to the one day face to face training.
Statement of Attainment :
22282VIC Course in Emergency Management of Asthma in the Workplace
22099VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
Duration: 3 Hours practical + completion of pre-course work prior
Time: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Venue: Level 1, 4a cnr Baan Baan St & 37-39 Princes Highway, Dapto NSW 2530
- Photo ID with current address.
- A thorough understanding of both written and spoken English.
- All students to complete Asthma & Anaphylaxis Pre-course work.
- All student MUST provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.
How to Book:
Book Online OR Phone (02) 4262 7072 to secure your booking.
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Student Agreement that should be read BEFORE enrolling into any of our courses.