This is a Level 2 First Aid course designed to allow the student to gain basic emergency information and life support.
Participants will gain the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response; life support; management of casualties, the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical or other assistance
We deliver this training under the auspices and in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Course Outline (Click to show more)
- Legal Issues, Record Keeping, Emergency Action Plan, First Aid Protocol
- Self Help, Infection Control, Triage, Casualty Assessment
- Unconscious Casualty, Basic anatomy and physiology
- Drug Overdose, Electric Shock, Drowning, Eye Injuries, Chest Injuries
- Faints, Poisoning, Seizures, Diabetes
- Head Injuries, Abdominal Injuries, Crush Injury, Spinal Injuries
- Heart Attack, Strokes
- Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Choking
- Hypothermia, Hyperthermia, Hyperventilation
- Fractures, Bandaging & Slings, Bites & Stings, Bleeding, Burns, Sprains & Strains
- Cardiac Arrest, Resuscitation Masks, Resuscitation, Cardiopulmonary and Defibrillation
- Safe Manual Handling, First Aid Kits
- Emergency CPR and understanding of the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Assessment (Click to show more)
- Observation and practical assessment
- Questioning and written test
- Scenario-problem solving and attendance at all lessons
The Provide First Aid Certificate is delivered in two parts. The student receives a workbook on enrolment with pre-course activities to complete prior to the one day face to face training.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (formerly known as HLTFA311A Apply First Aid or Senior First Aid)
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Initial Course duration:
Mixed Mode: Completion of pre-course study plus 5.5 hours practical training
Face to Face: Minimum of 8 hours face to face training
Refresher Course duration:
Recertification: It is recommended that this unit is renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards.
Mixed Mode: Completion pre-course study plus 4 hours practical training (current certification must be brought to training)
Face to Face: 8 hours face to face training
Time: 9:00am - 3:30pm
Location: Level 1, 4a Cnr Baan Baan Street & 37-39 Princes Highway Dapto, NSW, 2530
- Photo ID with current address
- Completed pre-course work.
- A thorough understanding of both written and spoken English
- All students must provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.
How to Book:
Enrol Online OR Phone (02) 4262 7072 to secure your booking.
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Student Agreement that should be read BEFORE enrolling into any of our courses.