This course provides training for staff who are required to control traffic with a Stop/Slow bat. This course will provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attributes to perform traffic control safely for their co-workers and the public.
This course is suitable for any person who may be required to control traffic using a Stop/Slow bat in the Road Construction and Maintenance Industry and school crossing attendants.
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded:
An RMS Statement of Completion (SOC) certificate which allows you to work immediately in traffic control. SOC's are valid for 90 days. You will need to meet the live assessment requirements.
Students who successfully complete the live assessment and third party evidence requirements will be awarded the statement of attainment for the following units of competency:
- RIIWHS201D Work Safely and follow WHS Policies and Procedures
- RIICOM201D Communicate in the Workplace
- RIIWHS205D Control Traffic with a stop/ slow Baton
The Statement of Attainment (SOA) is required for an application that we submit to the RMS for the photo-card licence. The licence is valid for 3 years.
The skills and competencies learned for the Traffic Controller qualification:
- Stop/ direct road users using a stop/ slow bat and understand stopping sight distances.
- How to prepare a traffic incident report.
- Understand a Traffic Guidance Scheme (TGS) also known as a Traffic Control Plan (TCP) for the site.
- Assess and respond to changes in the environment, for example; traffic volumes, weather conditions, road conditions, Work Health and Safety (WHS) and operational requirements.
- Carry out risk assessments for personal safety.
- Understanding how to participate in toolbox talks.
- Understanding the various communication methods and communication devices i.e. two-way radios.
- Understand traffic control policy and procedures.
Duration: 7 hours
Venue: Accelerated Training Level 1, 4a cnr Baan Baan Street 37-39 Princes Highway Dapto NSW 2530
- All students must provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.
- A thorough understanding of both written and spoken English.
- CPCCOHS1001A Work Safely in the Construction Industry (white card)
- Current Drivers Licence – Red P’s acceptable
How to Book:
Either Online OR Phone (02) 4262 7072 to secure your booking.
Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Learner Handbook that should be read BEFORE enrolling into any of our courses.
Accelerated Training is a registered training organisation RTO 41474 and is a Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) approved training provider.