Health & Safety Committee (HSC)
Under the Work Health and Safety legislation, it is the responsibility of the Person Conducting the Business or Undertaking (PCBU) to provide consultation within the workforce.
There are many forms of consultation that can take place and Health and Safety Committees are one of those mechanisms of consultation within workplaces.
This training course if applicable to personnel from a range of industries, large or small, private or public.
The skills learnt in this training program will assist those individuals to learn the role of the safety committee and how to actively participate in the committee to ultimately help reduce workplace incidents by effective workplace representation and continuous improvement philosophy
After completing this course, individuals may choose to undertake the Safety Committee Chairperson course.
- Delivery Time: 8 hours
- Dates: Monthly
- Time: TBC
- Cost: $275
- Venue: 34 Baan Baan Street, Dapto, NSW 2530, OR on-site upon request, Australia-wide
This training course is designed to provide knowledge and practical experience to actively participate in a Health and Safety Committee in the workplace.
The following topics will be covered:
- The role of the Health and Safety Committee
- Roles and responsibilities
- Workplace workgroups and representation
- Supporting Health and Safety Representatives
- Supporting implementation of safety initiatives with workgroups represented
- How to demonstrate and advocate the safety excellence behaviour
- The role of the chairperson
- How to lead committees
- How to allocated responsibility
- How to manage agendas
- Create an agenda
- Follow agenda process
- Interpret Safety committee’s agenda
- Workplace documents
- Review workplace documents e.g. revised workplace procedures, forms
- Workplace Safety Statistics
- Review safety performance of the organisation
- Review of incident and near misses
- Workplace inspections
- Workplace Inspection checklist
- Conduct workplace inspections
- Review and Interpret results
- Make recommendations
- SMART Actions
- Creating compelling solutions through SMART goals setting
- Creating reports to support Health and safety committee’s area of responsibilities.
The student who successfully completes this training course will be awarded a:
- Certificate of Completion for Health and Safety Committees
Target students are individuals working as part of a team in various industries and workplaces. Including but not limited to:
- The mining industry
- Construction industry
- Transport industry
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Student Agreement that should be read BEFORE enrolling into any of our courses.
Accelerated Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 41474).
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) require that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider.
Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Learner Handbook that should be read before enrolling into any of our courses.