First Aid Training
HLTAID003 -Provide First Aid
This First Aid course is designed to allow students to gain basic emergency & injury management knowledge and skills. We deliver our training in accordance to the guidelines of the Australian Resuscitation Council.
Our training center is based in Dapto which is close to Wollongong, Shellharbour, Nowra and Sydney.
The HLTAID0003 “Provide First Aid” qualification is delivered in two parts.
The student receives a workbook on enrolment with pre-course activities to complete prior to the one day face to face training.
Initial Course duration:
Face to Face: Minimum of 8 hours face to face training
Refresher Course duration:
Re-Certification: It is recommended that this unit is renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards.
Face to Face: 8 hours face to face training
Location: Level 1, 4a Cnr Baan Baan Street & 37-39 Princes Highway Dapto, NSW, 2530
- Photo ID with current address
- A thorough understanding of both written and spoken English
- All students must provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.
How to Book:
Enrol Online OR Phone (02) 4262 7072 to secure your booking.
- Legal Issues, Record Keeping, Emergency Action Plan, First Aid Protocol
- Self Help, Infection Control, Triage, Casualty Assessment
- Unconscious Casualty, Basic anatomy and physiology
- Drug Overdose, Electric Shock, Drowning, Eye Injuries, Chest Injuries
- Faints, Poisoning, Seizures, Diabetes
- Head Injuries, Abdominal Injuries, Crush Injury, Spinal Injuries
- Heart Attack, Strokes
- Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Choking
- Hypothermia, Hyperthermia, Hyperventilation
- Fractures, Bandaging & Slings, Bites & Stings, Bleeding, Burns, Sprains & Strains
- Cardiac Arrest, Resuscitation Masks, Resuscitation, Cardiopulmonary and Defibrillation
- Safe Manual Handling, First Aid Kits
- Emergency CPR and understanding of the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Observation and practical assessment
- Questioning and written test
- Scenario-problem solving and attendance at all lessons
Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (formerly known as HLTFA311A Apply First Aid or Senior First Aid)
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Accelerated Training is a registered training organisation RTO 41474