This course will provide you with the necessary technical knowledge to safely work near overhead power lines. We deliver this training under the auspices and in partnership with Admire Workplace Safety Pty Ltd RTO 91330.
At the completion of this training the participant will be able to:
- Identify statutory Acts and Regulations associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment and hand held tools near overhead power lines.
- Identify hazards associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment and hand held tools near overhead power lines.
- Identify various hardware and voltages in the ESI environment.
- Identify relevant clearances for various voltages found in the ESI environment.
- Identify correct selection and understanding of clearance tables relevant to the task being performed.
- Identify correct emergency procedures associated with working or operating vehicles/plant, equipment and hand held tools near overhead power lines.
Participant pre requisite
Introductory full course - n/a
Refresher course - Introductory full course to have been completed within the previous 3 years
Introductory full course - 2 days
Refresher course - 1 day
Maximum number per course
Initial full training - 16 participants
Refresher training - 16 participants
On site cost
Initial full training - $350 per person
Annual Refresher training - $175 per person
The Initial Full training will comprise of a multiple choice and written answer assessment.
The Refresher training will include a written and practical risk assessment.
Upon successful completion of this course, applicants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment - UETTDREL14A Working Safely Near Live Electrical Apparatus as a Non-Electrical Worker.
Validity of training
Refresher to be conducted every year for non-electrical persons