RIIWHS204E — Work safely at heights
This course is suitable for workers in resource and infrastructure industries construction and any tradespeople who are required to work at height.
This Course covers all aspects of safe access to heights legislative requirements the selection, use and maintenance of Personal Protective Equipment. There is both a theory and a practical component to this course.
- Delivery Time: 7 Hours
- Dates: Monthly
- Time: TBC
- Cost: $275
- Venue: Level 1 4a Cnr Baan Baan and 37-39 Princes Highway Dapto NSW 2530
The theory component includes:
- WHS Act and Regulations
- Working at Heights Regulations/PPE regulations
- Australian Standards and Codes of Practice
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment
- Fall Clearances
- Work restraint and positioning systems
- Fall arrest systems
- Inspection and record keeping procedures
- The correct fitting of harnesses
- The correct use of ladders
- The correct and safe storage of equipment
- Height Safety Rescue Plan
Students who successfully complete this Nationally Recognised Training will be awarded a Statement of Attainment in:
- RIIWHS204E — Work safely at heights
Target students of this program are those working in operational roles working at heights in the resources and infrastructure industries. Target students of this unit of competency work in high-risk situations including, but not limited to:
- The mining sector
- Construction industry
- Transport and logistics
- Load shifting
Target students will have developed fundamental core skills in:
- Work Health and Safety
- Risk Assessments (Toolbox meeting attendance)
- Working with Permits
- A thorough understanding of both written and spoken English
- Appropriate evidence of identity documentation must be provided on the day of training.
- All student MUST provide a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number.
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) requires that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider. Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Student Agreement that should be read BEFORE enrolling into any of our courses.
Accelerated Training is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 41474).
The Australian Skills and Qualification Authority (ASQA) require that students be aware of their rights and responsibilities once they have selected their training provider.
Your rights and responsibilities can be found in our Learner Handbook that should be read before enrolling into any of our courses.